Xu Gong jia xun: Zui li Xu yi suo gong jia xun: Xing shu Zui li Xu yi suo gong jia xun bei: Xu Yisuo jia xun bei
- Dong Qichang, 1555-1636, Chinese, creator, calligrapher
- Creation Date:
- 19th century?
- Rubbing from Xu family stele inscribed with ethical precepts for the family. 6 sections: 1st-5th. sections are 6 chapters of ethical precepts for the family. 6th. section is a postscript with 3 seals. Calligraphy and postscript written by Dong Qichang (1555-1636).
- 165 x 86 cm.
- No linguistic content
- Digital Format:
- Xi'an bei lin, Xi'an Shi, Shaanxi Sheng, China
- Style Period:
- Ming Dynasty
- Citation/references: Xi'an bei lin, 1963. p. 32. ; Xi'an bei lin quan ji, 1999, Case No. 4, v. 34, p. 3334-3366. (Xu gong jia xun bei) (full rubbing and all sections) ; Beijing tu shu guan cang Zhongguo li dai shi ke ta ben hui bian, 1991, v. 59, p. 92. (Xu Yisuo jia xun bei) ; Zhongguo shu fa quan ji, 1992, v. 54, p. 14. (Xing shu Zui li Xu yi suo gong jia xun bei) ; Zhongguo mei shu jia ren ming ci dian, 1981, p. 1225. (Dong Qichang).
General note: Script style: xing shu ; Format: inscription written in 6 separate sections divided by double lines. ; C-136 is a duplicate copy.
Historical: Stele date: 15th. day of 2nd. mo. of 45th yr. of Wanli, Ming Dynasty (1617)
- Fine Arts Library, Special Collections, Harvard University
- HOLLIS Record:
- Record ID: