Stele with annotations to Book of Filial Piety (4): Xiao jing: Xiao jing xu: Xiao jing xu yu zhi xu bing zhu ji shu: Da Tang Kaiyuan Tianbao sheng wen shen wu huang di zhu Xiao jing tai: Shi tai xiao jing (di si shi): A= top of image
- Tang Xuanzong Emperor of China, r. 715-756, Chinese, creator
- Creation Date:
- 19th. century?
- Rubbing from stele with annotations to a classic Confucian text on filial piety (Xiao jing, Book of Filial Piety). Annotations written and calligraphy by Li Longji (685-762), Emperor Xuanzong of Tang Dynasty, reign 715-756. Inscriptions include titles and names of Tang officials.
- 302 x 118 cm
- No linguistic content
- Digital Format:
- Xi'an bei lin, Xi'an Shi, Shaanxi Sheng, China
- Style Period:
- Citation/references: Jin shi cui bian, 1805, v. 87, p. 1-12. ; Guan zhong jin shi ji, v. 3, p. 10. ; Xi'an bei lin, 1963. p. 22. ; Xi'an bei lin quan ji, 1999, Case No. 2, v. 12, v. 13, p. 1215-1438. (full rubbing and all sections) ; Beijing tu shu guan cang Zhongguo li dai shi ke ta ben hui bian, 1991, v. 25, p. 86. ; Shannxi gu dai shi ke yi shu, 1995, p. 180. ; Zhongguo mei shu quan ji, shu fa zhuan ke bian, 1989, v. 3, pl. 77, p. 169, p. 44. ; Zhong hua shu xue da ci dian, 2000, p. 182. ; Zhongguo mei shu jia ren ming ci dian, 1981, p. 390. (Li Longji)
General note: Script style: text and annotations in li shu; list of names in kai shu. ; Stele is one side of a platform. All 4 sides engraved. Stele originally located in Tai xue (Imperial College) in Changan (current Xi'an); moved to Shang shu sheng (Minister Office) in 1st. yr. of Yuanyou, Northern Song Dynasty (904) and then to current location of Xi'an bei lin.
Historical: Stele date: 9th. mo. of 4th. yr. of Tianbao, Tang Dynasty (745).
- Fine Arts Library, Special Collections, Harvard University
- HOLLIS Record:
- Record ID: