Stele commemorating life of Huangfu Dan: Huangfu Dan mu bei: Sui zhu guo zuo Gonglu dai fu hong yi ming gong Huangfu fu jun zhi bei: Sui hong yi ming gong Huangfu Dan bei: Sui Huangfu Dan bei: Huangfu jun bei: Huangfu Dan bei
- Ouyang Xun, 557-641, Chinese, creator, calligrapher
- Creation Date:
- 19th. century?
- Rubbing of inscriptions from a stele commemoriating life of Huangfu Dan (553-604), an officer in Sui Dynasty. Stele commissioned by Huangfu Wuyi (Huangfu Dan's son). Inscription texts written by Yu Zhining and calligraphy by Oyang Xuan (557-641).
- 183 x 91 cm
- No linguistic content
- Digital Format:
- Xi'an bei lin, Xi'an Shi, Shaanxi Sheng, China
- Style Period:
- Citation/references: Jin shi cui bian, 1805, v. 44, p. 22-35. ; Xi'an bei lin, 1963. p. 24. ; Xi'an bei lin quan ji, 1999, Case No. 1, v. 5, p. 520-616. (full rubbing and all sections) ; Beijing tu shu guan cang Zhongguo li dai shi ke ta ben hui bian, 1991, v. 11, p. 117. ; Shodo geijutsu, 1971, v. 3, pl. 39-47, p. 195-196. ; Shannxi gu dai shi ke yi shu, 1995, p. 158. ; Zhongguo mei shu quan ji, shu fa zhuan ke bian, 1989, v. 3, pl. 20, p. 11. ; Zhong hua shu xue da ci dian, 2000, p. 427. ; Zhongguo mei shu jia ren ming ci dian, 1981, p. 1344. (Oyang Xuan)
General note: Script style: kai shu. ; Stele damaged in an earthquake during Wangli, Ming Dynasty (1573-1620) and inscriptions in the lower center are missing. This particular rubbing yet appeared no damage. ; Stele originally located near Huangfu Chuan of Mingtu Town in Changan (current Xi'an) and later in Xi'an bei lin collection since Ming Dyansty.
Historical: Stele date: 17th. yr. of Zhenguan, Tang (643).
- Fine Arts Library, Special Collections, Harvard University
- HOLLIS Record:
- Record ID: