Stele inscribed with a portrait of Laozi and 3 Taoist scriptures: Tai shang lao jun shuo chang qing jing jing: Chang qing jing jing.Hu ming jing.De dao jing: Chang qing jing jing: Chang qing jing den jing bei: Song Qing jing Hu ming jing: Lao jun Chang qing jing jing
- Laozi, 604-531 B.C, Chinese, associated name, associated name
- Creation Date:
- 19th. century?
- Rubbing from a stele inscribed with a portrait of Laozi (Lao Dan 604-531 BCE; Tai shang lao jun) and 3 Taoist scriptures: Chang qing jing jing, Hu ming jing, De dao jing. Calligraphy by Pang Renxian, portrait by Bai Tingcan, engraved by An Wencan.
- 126 x 65.5 cm
- No linguistic content
- Digital Format:
- Xi'an bei lin, Xi'an Shi, Shaanxi Sheng, China
- Style Period:
- Northern Song (960-1127)
- Citation/references: Jin shi cui bian, 1805, v. 125, p. 19-25. ; Xi'an bei lin, 1963. p. 25. ; Xi'an bei lin quan ji, 1999, Case No. 3, v. 26, p. 2642-2647. (Chang qing jing jing.Hu ming jing.De dao jing) (full rubbing and all sections) ; Beijing tu shu guan cang Zhongguo li dai shi ke ta ben hui bian, 1991, v. 37, p. 57. (Chang qing jing jing) ; Zhongguo mei shu jia ren ming ci dian, 1981, p. 1515. (Pang Renxian) ; Zhongguo mei shu jia ren ming ci dian, 1981, p. 191. (An Wencan)
General note: Script style: kai shu.
Historical: Stele date: 21th. day of 2nd. mo. of 5th. yr. of Taiping Xingguo, Northern Song (980).
- Fine Arts Library, Special Collections, Harvard University
- HOLLIS Record:
- Record ID: