Stele of Mountain Yi (dated to Qin): Yi shan ke shi: Qin Yi shan bei: Qin Yi shan ke shi
- Li Si, 280? -208 BC, Chinese, creator, calligrapher
Qin Shihuang, Reign dates: 246-210 B.C., Chinese, associated name, associated name
- Creation Date:
- 19th. century?
- Rubbing of inscription from a stele commemorating Qin Shi Huangdi (259 BC - 210 BC), the first emperor of China, and his achievements. Original stele, written by Li Si, dated 28th. yr. of Shihuang, Qin Dynasty (219 BC) and located in Mountain Yi, Yi County, Shandong Province. Lost. Rubbing from the stele reproduced in 4th. yr. of Chunhua, Northern Song Dynasty (993). Zheng Wenbao (953-1013) copied and engraved following copies written by his teacher Xu Xuan (916-991).
- 151 x 78.5 cm
- No linguistic content
- Digital Format:
- Xi'an bei lin, Xi'an Shi, Shaanxi Sheng, China
- Style Period:
Northern Song (960-1127)
- General note: C-91 is a duplicate copy.
Citation/references: Jin shi cui bian, 1805, v. 4, p. 1-8. ; Xi'an bei lin, 1963. p. 25. ; Xi'an bei lin quan ji, 1999, Case No. 1, v. 1, p. 1-32. (Yi shan ke shi) (full rubbing and all sections) ; Beijing tu shu guan cang Zhongguo li dai shi ke ta ben hui bian, 1991, v. 1, p. 8. ; Shannxi gu dai shi ke yi shu, 1995, p. 131. ; Zhongguo shu fa quan ji, 1993, v. 7, pl. 4, p. 65-66; v. 8, p. 461. ; Zhong hua shu xue da ci dian, 2000, p. 857. (Yi shan ke shi) ; Zhongguo mei shu jia ren ming ci dian, 1981, p. 385. (Li Si) ; Zhongguo mei shu jia ren ming ci dian, 1981, p. 721. (Xu Xuan) ; Zhongguo mei shu jia ren ming ci dian, 1981, p. 1383. (Zheng Wenbao)
General note: Script style: zhuan shu.
Historical: Stele date: 15th. day of 8th. mo. of 4th. yr. of Chunhua, Northern Song Dynasty (993).
- Fine Arts Library, Special Collections, Harvard University
- HOLLIS Record:
- Record ID: