Lian hua diao shi: Di si ku ping qi dong nan jiao lian hua diao shi
- Warner, Langdon, 1881-1955, American, associated name, donor
- Creation Date:
- Rubbing from floral decorative motif, lotus flower. Motif is from cross sections of border framework for grid patterns used on ceiling. From: Gongxian Cave 4, cross section between grids on "Ping qi" (grid ceiling) in the southeastern corner.
- 55 x 62.5 cm
- No linguistic content
- Digital Format:
- Style Period:
- Eastern Wei
- Gong Xian Caves, Gong Xian, Henan, China
- Citation/references: Gong Xian shi ku si (Zhongguo shi ku, v.2), 1989. pl. 177; f. 27, p. 261. ; Gong Xian shi ku si, 1963, pl. 285, p. 145.
General note: Gongxian cave temples: a set of 5 Buddhist grottoes (dated between 517-539), located 8 kms north of Gongxian (midway between Luoyang and Zhengzhou), Henan province.
Historical: Cave 4 date: from 1st. yr. of Yongan (Northern Wei), to 2nd yr. of Yuanxiang, Eastern Wei (528-539).
- Fine Arts Library, Special Collections, Harvard University
- HOLLIS Record:
- Record ID: