Fei tian: Di wu ku xi bi fo kan shang fei tian
- Warner, Langdon, 1881-1955, American, associated name, donor
- Creation Date:
- Rubbing from relief sculpture of Buddhist flying deity, an apsara, holding a stem in one hand on top front of arched niche to house Buddhist statues. From Gongxian Cave 5, West wall, on top front (on the right side) of the main niche.
- 70 x 67.5 cm
- No linguistic content
- Digital Format:
- Style Period:
- Northern Wei
- Gong Xian Caves, Gong Xian, Henan, China
- Citation/references: Gong Xian shi ku si (Zhongguo shi ku, v.2), 1989, pl. 190; f. 35, p. 270. ; Gong Xian shi ku si, 1963, pl. 326, p. 168.
General note: Gongxian cave temples: a set of 5 Buddhist grottoes (dated between 517-539), located 8 kms north of Gongxian (midway between Luoyang and Zhengzhou), Henan province.
Historical: Cave 5 date: from 1st. yr. of Yongan (Northern Wei), to 2nd yr. of Yuanxiang, Eastern Wei (528-539).
- Fine Arts Library, Special Collections, Harvard University
- HOLLIS Record:
- Record ID: