Fei tian: Di wu ku ping qi xi nan jaio fei tian diao shi
- Warner, Langdon, 1881-1955, American, associated name, donor
- Creation Date:
- Rubbing from relief sculpture of Buddhist flying deity, an apsara. Cloud patterns at bottom. From: Gongxian Cave, 5, south ceiling (ping qi).
- 83 x 71 cm
- No linguistic content
- Digital Format:
- Style Period:
- Northern Wei
- Gong Xian Caves, Gong Xian, Henan, China
- Citation/references: Gong Xian shi ku si (Zhongguo shi ku, v.2), 1989, pl. 206; f. 36; p. 271. ; Gong Xian shi ku si, 1963, pl. 344, p. 176.
General note: Gongxian cave temples: a set of 5 Buddhist grottoes (dated between 517-539), located 8 kms north of Gongxian (midway between Luoyang and Zhengzhou), Henan province. ; Rubbing taken from "Ping qi": Chinese architectural term for ceiling. ; E-922 duplicate.
Historical: Cave 5 date: from 1st. yr. of Yongan (Northern Wei), to 2nd yr. of Yuanxiang, Eastern Wei (528-539).
- Fine Arts Library, Special Collections, Harvard University
- HOLLIS Record:
- Record ID: