Wu fo zhi er: Di wu ku nan bi men mei shang fu diao wu fo zhi er
- Warner, Langdon, 1881-1955, American, associated name, donor
- Creation Date:
- Rubbing from relief sculpture of a sitting Buddha. From: Gongxian Cave 5, Lintel of decorative framework, south wall.
- 42 x 27.5 cm ; 42 x 27.5 cm
- No linguistic content
- Digital Format:
- Style Period:
- Northern Wei
- Gong Xian Caves, Gong Xian, Henan, China
- Citation/references: Gong Xian shi ku si (Zhongguo shi ku, v.2), 1989. f. 35, p. 270. ; Gong Xian shi ku si, 1963, pl. 316, p. 161.
General note: Gongxian cave temples: a set of 5 Buddhist grottoes (dated between 517-539), located 8 kms north of Gongxian (midway between Luoyang and Zhengzhou), Henan province. ; Rubbing of a Buddha image of a set of 5 Buddhas appearing on the lintel of a doorway.
Historical: Cave 5 date: from 4th yr. of Xiaochang, Northern Wei (528) to 2nd yr. of Yuenxiang, Eastern Wei (539).
- Fine Arts Library, Special Collections, Harvard University
- HOLLIS Record:
- Record ID: