Fo xiang: Di wu ku bei bi fo kan nei fo xiang (shang)
- Warner, Langdon, 1881-1955, American, associated name, donor
- Creation Date:
- Rubbing from relief sculpture of 2 standing Buddhas. From: Gongxian Cave 5, in niche of north wall.
- 42 x 28 cm
- No linguistic content
- Digital Format:
- Style Period:
- Northern Wei
- Gong Xian Caves, Gong Xian, Henan, China
- Citation/references: Gong Xian shi ku si (Zhongguo shi ku, v.2), 1989, pl. 198. ; Gong Xian shi ku si, 1963, pl. 342, p. 174.
General note: Gongxian cave temples: a set of 5 Buddhist grottoes (dated between 517-539), located 8 kms north of Gongxian (midway between Luoyang and Zhengzhou), Henan province.
Historical: Cave 5 date: from 1st. yr. of Yongan (Northern Wei), to 2nd yr. of Yuanxiang, Eastern Wei (528-539).
- Fine Arts Library, Special Collections, Harvard University
- HOLLIS Record:
- Record ID: