Diao shi: Di san ku xi bi zhu kan kan mei zuo ce diao shi
- Warner, Langdon, 1881-1955, American, associated name, donor
- Creation Date:
- Rubbing from relief sculpture of geometric designs and animal image on the edge of arched portico of the main niche. From Gongxian Cave 3, West wall, on the left side of arched portico of the main niche.
- 44.5 x 28 cm
- No linguistic content
- Digital Format:
- Style Period:
- Northern Wei
- Gong Xian Caves, Gong Xian, Henan, China
- Citation/references: Gong Xian shi ku si (Zhongguo shi ku, v.2), 1989, pl. 109. ; Gong Xian shi ku si, 1963, pl. 131, p. 73.
General note: Gongxian cave temples: a set of 5 Buddhist grottoes (dated between 517-539), located 8 kms north of Gongxian (midway between Luoyang and Zhengzhou), Henan province.
Historical: Cave 3 date: 2nd. yr. of Xiping - 4th. yr. of Xiaochang, Northern Wei (517-528).
- Fine Arts Library, Special Collections, Harvard University
- HOLLIS Record:
- Record ID: