Diao shi: Di san ku xi bi zhu kan kan mei you ce ju bu diao shi
- Warner, Langdon, 1881-1955, American, associated name, donor
- Creation Date:
- Rubbing from relief sculpture of geometric patterns and animal images. From Gongxian Cave 3, West wall, partial image from right side of arched portico of the main niche.
- 45 x 28 cm
- No linguistic content
- Digital Format:
- Style Period:
- Northern Wei
- Gong Xian Caves, Gong Xian, Henan, China
- Citation/references: Gong Xian shi ku si (Zhongguo shi ku, v.2), 1989, pl. 109. ; Gong Xian shi ku si, 1963, pl. 131, p. 73.
General note: Gongxian cave temples: a set of 5 Buddhist grottoes (dated between 517-539), located 8 kms north of Gongxian (midway between Luoyang and Zhengzhou), Henan province.
Historical: Cave 3 date: 2nd. yr. of Xiping - 4th. yr. of Xiaochang, Northern Wei (517-528).
- Fine Arts Library, Special Collections, Harvard University
- HOLLIS Record:
- Record ID: