Fei tian: Di san ku ping qi bei ce fei tian diao shi
- Warner, Langdon, 1881-1955, American, associated name, donor
- Creation Date:
- Rubbing from relief sculpture of Buddhist flying deity, an apsara. Image is from cross sections of border framework for grid patterns used on ceiling. From: Gongxian Cave 3, cross section between grids on "Ping qi" (grid ceiling) in the north section.
- 53 x 70 cm
- No linguistic content
- Digital Format:
- Style Period:
- Northern Wei
- Gong Xian Caves, Gong Xian, Henan, China
- Citation/references: Gong Xian shi ku si (Zhongguo shi ku, v.2), 1989. pl. 138; f. 26, p. 260. ; Gong Xian shi ku si, 1963, pl. 174, p. 87.
General note: Gongxian cave temples: a set of 5 Buddhist grottoes (dated between 517-539), located 8 kms north of Gongxian (midway between Luoyang and Zhengzhou), Henan province. ; Rubbing taken from "Ping qi": Chinese architectural term for ceiling.
Historical: Cave 3 date: 2nd. yr. of Xiping - 4th. yr. of Xiaochang, Northern Wei (517-528).
- Fine Arts Library, Special Collections, Harvard University
- HOLLIS Record:
- Record ID: