Wang po zao Di zang pu sa ji
- Warner, Langdon, 1881-1955, American, associated name, donor
Ksitigarbha, associated name, associated name
- Rubbing of inscription from votive offering to build a votive image of "Di zang pu sa"-- Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva, Bodhisattvas of Earth Store or Earth Womb ; offering dedicated by Madam Wang.
- Creation Date:
- 32 x 14 cm
- No linguistic content
- Digital Format:
- Style Period:
- Longmen, Western Hills. Cave 4 (Binyang Dong, south cave). Interior, Luoyang, Henan, China
- Citation/references: Ryumon sekkutsu no kenkyu, 1941. p. 361 (inscription no. 1025).
General note: Script style: kai shu. ; Longmen Grottoes: Buddhist Cave Temples distributed on the cliffs along the banks of Yihe river, 13 kilometers south of Luoyang City, Henan Province. The carving work on the first cave at Longmen was already began when Emperor Xiaowen of Northern Wei Dynasty moved the capital to Luoyang in 495. Construction on caves had been carrying on for more than 500 years, during Western Wei, Eastern Wei, Northern Qi, Sui,Tang and Five Dynasties. Thus formed a scale of more than 2,000 caves and niches, over 100,000 images on 1-kilometer cliffs from south to north on the two hills of Yique. ; Binyang Caves: This cave consists of three caves, namely middle, southern and northern Binyang caves. The construction of this cave spanned 24 years, 500-523. ; Binyang South Cave: cave construction between 505-523. However, Buddhist statues in the Main Hall of South Cave finished around 646 and dedicated by Li Tai ( 620-?, a crown prince of the Tang Emperor Taizong who reigned 627-649) to his deceased mother, Zhangsun-shi.
- Fine Arts Library, Special Collections, Harvard University
- HOLLIS Record:
- Record ID: