Qing xin nu Zhang shi zao Guanyin xiang ji
- Warner, Langdon, 1881-1955, American, associated name, donor
Avalokitesvara, associated name, subject
- Rubbing of inscription from votive offering dedicated by Madam Zhang to build a votive image of Guanyin-- Avalokitesvara Bodhisattva.
- Creation Date:
- 14 x 31 cm
- No linguistic content
- Digital Format:
- Style Period:
- Jing shan si dong, Longmen Caves, Luoyang, Henan, China
- Citation/references: Ryumon sekkutsu no kenkyu, 1941. p. 427 (inscription no. 1577).
General note: Script style: kai shu. ; Longmen Grottoes: Buddhist Cave Temples distributed on the cliffs along the banks of Yihe river, 13 kilometers south of Luoyang City, Henan Province. The carving work on the first cave at Longmen was already began when Emperor Xiaowen of Northern Wei Dynasty moved the capital to Luoyang in 495. Construction on caves had been carrying on for more than 500 years, during Western Wei, Eastern Wei, Northern Qi, Sui,Tang and Five Dynasties. Thus formed a scale of more than 2,000 caves and niches, over 100,000 images on 1-kilometer cliffs from south to north on the two hills of Yique. ; Jin shan si dong: Jinshan Temple Cave. Located south of western mountain of Longmen. Cave was built between 656-664 dedicated by Madam Wei, concubine of Tang Taizhong (reigned 627-649).
- Fine Arts Library, Special Collections, Harvard University
- HOLLIS Record:
- Record ID: