Yong zhou Jingyang xian Su Fubao zao fo pu sa ji
- Warner, Langdon, 1881-1955, American, associated name, donor
- Creation Date:
- Rubbing of inscription from votive offering dedicated by Su Fubao (born in Jingyang County, Yongzhou -- currently near Xian City, Shaanxi Province, China) to build votive image of Bodhisattva.
- 14 x 31.5 cm
- No linguistic content
- Digital Format:
- Style Period:
- Longmen Caves, Luoyang, Henan, China
- Citation/references: Ryumon sekkutsu no kenkyu, 1941. p. 263 (inscription no. 168).
General note: Script style: kai shu. ; Longmen Grottoes: Buddhist Cave Temples distributed on the cliffs along the banks of Yihe river, 13 kilometers south of Luoyang City, Henan Province. The carving work on the first cave at Longmen was already began when Emperor Xiaowen of Northern Wei Dynasty moved the capital to Luoyang in 495. Construction on caves had been carrying on for more than 500 years, during Western Wei, Eastern Wei, Northern Qi, Sui,Tang and Five Dynasties. Thus formed a scale of more than 2,000 caves and niches, over 100,000 images on 1-kilometer cliffs from south to north on the two hills of Yique.
Historical: Inscription date: 16th day of 2nd mo, 3rd yr. of Chuigong, Tang.
- Fine Arts Library, Special Collections, Harvard University
- HOLLIS Record:
- Record ID: