Youfang zao xiang ji
- Horikoshi, Yoshihiro, Japanese, associated name, donor
- Creation Date:
- Rubbing of inscription from votive offering dedicated by Youfang .
- 64 x 38 cm
- No linguistic content
- Digital Format:
- Style Period:
- Northern Wei
- Longmen Caves, Luoyang, Henan, China
- General note: Script style: zheng shu. ; Ta pian, folded, mounted, 1 leaf, 30cm. ; Longmen Grottoes: Buddhist Cave Temples distributed on the cliffs along the banks of Yihe river, 13 kilometers south of Luoyang City, Henan Province. The carving work on the first cave at Longmen was already began when Emperor Xiaowen of Northern Wei Dynasty moved the capital to Luoyang in 495. Construction on caves had been carrying on for more than 500 years, during Western Wei, Eastern Wei, Northern Qi, Sui,Tang and Five Dynasties. Thus formed a scale of more than 2,000 caves and niches, over 100,000 images on 1-kilometer cliffs from south to north on the two hills of Yique. ; For other information, please refer to HOLLIS number: 9717525
Historical: Inscription date: Northern Wei Dynasty (384-536).
- Harvard-Yenching Library, Harvard University
- HOLLIS Record:
- Record ID: