Historical story of assassin Jingke trying to kill the Qin Emperor: Wu Liang Ci di er shi (Wu Liang Ci dong bi hua xiang).: Wu shi ci hua xiang: Wu shi ci shi shi hua xiang: Wu shi mu qun shi ke: Wu Liang Ci hua xiang: Li shi gu shi, Nie Zheng ci Han wang
- Wu Liang, 78-151, Chinese, associated name, associated name
Warner, Langdon, 1881-1955, American, associated name, associated name
- Creation Date:
- 19th cent.-early 20th cent.
- Rubbing from pictorial relief carving of the east wall, total 5 registers, depicting legendary figures, ancient sovereigns; filial sons; historical stories; and a procession of chariots and riders from the shrine of Wu Liang (78-151) at the Wu Family Shrines, Jiaxiang, Shandong from 1st. year of Jianhe, Eastern Han Dynasty (147).
- 119 x 142 cm
- No linguistic content
- Digital Format:
- Wu Liang ci, Jiaxiang Xian, Shandong Sheng, China
- Style Period:
- Eastern Han
- Citation/references: Chavanne, E. Mission archaeologique dans la chine septentrionale ; pl. 133. ; Zhongguo hua xiang shi quan ji, 2000, V. 1, pl. 50. ; Zhonghua shu xue da ci dian, 2000, p. 345 (Wu shi ci shi shi hua xiang).
General note: Wu shi ci: Shrine of Wu Family, located north of Wuzhaishan Village, Zhifang Town, Jiaxiang County, Shandong Province, China. Wushi Shrine is one of the earliest examples of the offering shrines erected at the Wu family graves. The monuments were erected in the middle of 2nd century AD, buried due to Yellow River flooding, and were not fully discovered until 1786 by Huang Yi, a Qing sholar and high official. The shrine was a free-standing, peak-roofed structure. ; Stone reliefs in the Wu Family Shrines were carved on the walls of the offering shrines, more than 40 engraved wall registers of slabs (16 stabs in the front chamber- Wu Rong Shrine, 17 slabs in the left chamber and 6 slabs in the Wu Liang Shrine) ; 2 pillars and 2 stone lions also appear.
Historical: Stele Date: 4th. day of 3rd. mo. of 1st. year of Jianhe, Eastern Han Dynasty (147).
- Fine Arts Library, Special Collections, Harvard University
- HOLLIS Record:
- Record ID: