Mythology, stories and cooking scenes-- Shen hua gu shi, pao chu tu
- Xi Wang Mu, Chinese, associated name, associated name
- Creation Date:
- 19th cent.-early 20th cent.
- Rubbing of carved stone images from relief sculpture of 4 registers (part of decorative horizontal band) depicting the Queen Mother of West (Xi wang mu) who is surrounded by attendants, mythical animal images on the top 2 registers; human figures in a procession on the lower 2 registers. From group of "Shandong Teng xian" slabs. Dated to late Eastern Han (between 147-189 AD).
- 74 x 137 cm
- No linguistic content
- Digital Format:
- Shandong Sheng, China
horsemen and horsewomen
- Style Period:
- Eastern Han
- Citation/references: Bali da xue Beijing Han xue yan jiu suo, Han dai hua xiang quan ji, Chu bian, 1950, No. 94.
General note: Tengxian, also named Tengzhou, includes several sites with engraved stone slabs unearthed. Tengzhou once served as a prefecture capital in Shandong Province. ; Site: Hong dao yuan.
Historical: Slabs date: approximately, dated to late Eastern Han (between 147-189 AD).
- Fine Arts Library, Special Collections, Harvard University
- HOLLIS Record:
- Record ID: