The life, trial, sentence, and execution of John Gould for the wilful murder of his daughter at Windsor
- Gould, John, -1862, creator
Sprozen, George, printer.
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- Printed for George Sprozen, Reading.
- 1 sheet ( p.) : ill. (wood engraving) ; 54 x 19 cm.
- Wood engravings-England-19th century.
Broadside poems-England-19th century.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- Gould, John
Executions and executioners--England--Reading--Poetry
- Prose accounts of the trial and execution of John Gould for the murder of his seven year old daughter. Gould's "dying speech" is in verse.
Verses begin : Good people all I pray attend.
Wood engraving (6 x 16 cm.) : Half-fiqure male, hanging before prison walls with spectators. With rule borders.
Date of imprint from date of execution, March 14, 1862 -- Capital Punishment UK site via WW, viewed January 22, 2008.
- Harvard Law School Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: