Confession of the barbarous murder committed by John Holloway on the body of his wife: and cutting off her head, arms, & legs
- Holloway, John William., creator
Birt, Thomas, active 1824-1841, printer.
- Place Of Origin:
- Printed by T. Birt, No. 39, Great St. Andrew-Street, Seven Dials.
- Creation Date:
- 1 sheet ( p.) : ill. (wood engraving) ; 37.5 x 25 cm.
Wood engravings-England-19th century.
- Holloway, John William
Holloway, Celia Bashford
- Date of imprint from date of execution, December 16, 1831 -- Capital Punishment UK site via WWW, viewed December 14, 2007.
Account of the trial and confession of John William Holloway, with two columns of verse. In his confession Holloway implicated Ann Kennett.
Wood engraving (9 x 13.4 cm.) within octagonal frame : Holloway and Kennett dismembering the victim's body.
Verses begin : Of all the horrors e'er described.
- Harvard Law School Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: