The sentences, and sorrowful lamentation of a young woman, aged nineteen: Maids lamentation: and the other prisoners capitally convicted at the Old Bailey
- Williams, Maria, -1824, creator
Catnach, James, 1792-1841, printer.
Great Britain, Central Criminal Court.
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- Printed and sold by J. Catnach, 2, Monmouth Court, 7 Dials.
- 1 sheet ( p.) : ill. (wood engraving) ; 23.5 x 16.8 cm.
Wood engravings-England-19th century.
- Williams, Maria--Poetry
- Date of imprint from date of event.
List of the sentences of execution passed on thirteen people tried at the Old Bailey, with account of the case of Maria Williams, convicted of forgery. With a letter of farewell by Williams to her sweetheart and one column of verse titled "The maids lamentation."
Verses begin : Oppress'd with grief, oppress'd with woe.
Wood engraving (23.5 x 16.8 cm.) : Farewell scene in prison cell, with eight figures.
With two rows of type ornament.
- Harvard Law School Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: