The trial of Patrick Carroll: Patrick Carroll's lamentation: with an account of his execution in front of the jail at Maidstone, Kent, for the wilful murder of Mrs. Browning
- Additional Digital Items:
- Carroll, Patrick, -1835, creator
Smeeton, George, active 1800-1828, printer.
Morgan, J., (John), 1799-1876?
Great Britain, Central Criminal Court.
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- Smeeton, printer, 74 Tooley Street.
- 1 sheet ( p.) : ill. (wood engravings) ; 36.8 x 23.2 cm.
Wood engravings-England-19th century.
- Browning, Elizabeth
Executions and executioners--England
- Account of trial, execution, and confession, with one column of verse titled "Patrick Carroll's lamentation."
Verse signed "John Morgan."
Verses begin : Draw near awhile good people all.
Wood engraving (8.6 x 17.5 cm.) : Hanging scene above prison walls.
Wood engraving (6.6 x 5.8 cm.) : Portrait with caption "Mrs. Elizabeth Browning."
Wood engraving (2 x 2 cm.) : Urn with caption "Elizabeth Browning,aged 38 years died April 27, 1835." within border (3.3 x 6.6 cm.)
- Harvard Law School Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: