The trial and execution of George Coney: for burglary and robbery at the house of Mr. Wheeler, jeweller, Bartletts' Buildings, Holborn, of plate, jewellery, &c. to the amount of nearly [pound sign] 1,000
- Additional Digital Items:
- Coney, George, -1833, creator
Smith, Richard, -1833
Smeeton, George, active 1800-1828, printer.
Great Britain, Central Criminal Court.
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- Printed by G. Smeeton, 74, Tooley Street.
- 1 sheet ( p.) : ill. (wood engraving) ; 34.8 x 22.2 cm.
Wood engravings-England-19th century.
- Coney, George
Executions and executioners--England--London
- Date of imprint from date of event.
Primarily an account of the trials of Coney, age 22, and Richard Smith, age 16; both were convicted. With one column of verse.
Verses begin : Stop, poor sinner! Stop and think.
Wood engraving (8 x 14.2 cm.) : Hanging scene before prison walls, with spectators.
- Harvard Law School Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: