Execution and dying behaviour of the unhappy men who were executed this morning at Chelmsford: Edward Wright, for highway robbery, aged 19, --John, and Joseph Merrington, for burglary, at West Tilbury, ages 21, 22. --J. Tubbs, for burglary at Birchanger, aged 21
- Catnach, James, 1792-1841, printer.
Merrington, John, -1819
Merrington, Joseph, -1819
Tubbs, John, -1819
Wright, Edward, -1819
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- Catnach, Printer, 2, Monmouth-Court.
- 1 sheet ( p.) : ill. (wood engraving) ; 24.4 x 16.7 cm.
Wood engravings-England-19th century.
- Wright, Edward
Executions and executioners--England--Chelmsford
- Account includes a copy of a letter from one of the prisoners to his wife and one column of verse.
Verses begin : Now give attention to these lines.
Wood engraving (4 x 7.2 cm.) : Four male figures hanging from scaffold.
Date of imprint from date of executions, August 13, 1819 -- Capital punishment UK site via WWW, viewed June 18, 2007)
- Harvard Law School Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: