The sorrowful lamentation and last farewell to the world of F.B. Courvoisier: who was found guilty at the Old Bailey, on Saturday, June 20, of the wilful murder of Lord William Russell
- Courvoisier, François Benjamin, -1840, creator, defendant.
Birt, Thomas, active 1824-1841, printer.
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- Birt, Printer, 39 Great St. Andrew Street, Seven Dials.
- 1 sheet ( p.) : ill. (wood engraving) ; 35.5 x 22.5 cm.
Wood engravings-England-19th century.
Broadside poems-England-19th century.
Trials, litigation, etc
- Courvoisier, François Benjamin--Trials, litigation, etc
- Date of imprint from date of execution, July 6, 1840 -- Capital Punishment UK site via WWW, viewed December 14, 2007.
Verse in two columns, with border of type ornament.
Verses begin : The solemn bell now for me doth call.
Wood engraving (6.1 x 10.2 cm.) : Scene of prisoner in cell.
- Harvard Law School Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: