Life, confession, and execution of James Cook, for the murder & robbery of Mr. Paas at Leicester
- Cook, James, 1811-1832, creator
Pitts, John, 1765-1844, printer.
Quick, J.V., -1853, printer.
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- Quick, printer, Bowling Green Lane, Clerkenwell, and 43, Fashion Street, Spitalfields.
Sold also by Pitts, Seven Dials.
- 1 sheet ( p.) : ill. (wood engravings) ; 38 x 25 cm.
Wood engravings-England-19th century.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- Cook, James
- Date of imprint from date of event.
Primarily an account of the trial and a description of the Cook's behavior while in prison and on the scaffold. With one column of verse titled "A copy of verses written by himself while in confinement."
Verses begin : Good people all, when this you hear.
Wood engraving (6.5 x 15.1 cm.) : Hanging scene before prison walls.
Wood engraving (6.2 x 3.3 cm.) : Male figure, pinioned, hanging from scaffold.
- Harvard Law School Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: