The life and execution of John Pegsworth: With a correct sketch of a letter sent to his wife on Monday; and also a copy of verses written by himself
- Pegsworth, John, -1837, creator
Quick, J.V., -1853, printer.
Great Britain, Central Criminal Court.
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- Printed and published by J.V. Quick, Bowling Green Lane, Clerkenwell
- 1 sheet ( p.) : ill. (wood engravings) ; 37.3 x 25 cm.
Wood engravings-England-19th century.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- [Commentary] --Recorders report. --Letter. --Execution. A copy of verses.
- Pegsworth, John
Ready, John Holiday
Executions and executioners--England--London
- Date of imprint from event.
Pegsworth was considered by some to have committed the murder during a bout of insanity. First section of text includes commentary on his mental condition.
Verses begin : You parents all now listen unto me.
Wood engraving (12.1 x 22.8 cm.) : Courtroom scene.
Wood engraving (7.8 x 9.9 cm.) : Shackled prisoner at desk in prison cell.
Wood engraving (6 x 7.3) set within ruled border (7.2 x 8.2 cm.) : Hanging scene before prison walls, with spectators.
Within a ruled border.
- Harvard Law School Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: