Execution of Stephen Merrill Clark, which took place on Winter Island, Salem, Thursday, May 10, 1821: For the crime of arson
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- 1 sheet ( p.) ill. (woodcut) : 46 x 28 cm
Broadside poems-Massachusetts-19th century.
Trials, litigation, etc
- Clark, Stephen Merrill--Poetry
Clark, Stephen Merrill--Trials, litigation, etc
Executions and executioners--Massachusetts--Salem
- United States--Massachusetts--Salem
- Printed text within a border in four columns divided by single lines, with an introductory poem below title.
Verses begin: Be warn'd, ye youth, who see my sad despair.
Woodcut of a coffin initialed "SMC" at head of text, centered between columns of introductory poem.
- Harvard Law School Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: