Blue beard!: Bluebeard: a romance of infantile history
- Parry, John Orlando, 1810-1879, creator, composer.
Fox, John A., former owner.
Wm. H. Oakes (Firm : Boston, Mass.), publisher.
W. Sharp & Co, lithographer.
- Singing roles for narrator, Blue Beard, Don Giovanni, Fatima, and Mustapha. Music has quotes from Home sweet home, Semiramide, and Sonnambula, among others. The work is the subject of a 1914 book of musical humor by the same name, written by Kate Douglas Smith Wiggin, the author of Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm.
- Place Of Origin:
- New York (State)
- Wm. H. Oakes, 197 Washington St
- Creation Date:
- [between 1847 and 1849]
- 1 score (14 pages) ; 36 cm
- notated music
Sheet music covers-United States-1840-1850.
Vocal scores with piano
- Operas--Vocal scores with piano
Bluebeard (Legendary character)--Drama
Bluebeard (Legendary character)--Pictorial works
- United States--Massachusetts--Boston
- Caption title.
Publication date from publisher's address.
Composer's name from London edition.
Words by Albert Smith--London edition.
Cover art depicting Blue Beard: "printed in colours by Sharp, Boston"
"Price 75 ccts. nett"
- Eda Kuhn Loeb Music Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: