IV Sonaten für ein und zwei Klaviere: Vier Sonaten für ein und zwei Klaviere: von Wilhelm Friedemann Bach : manuscript, [17--?]: Sonatas, keyboard instrument, G major
- Bach, Wilhelm Friedemann, 1710-1784, creator
Forkel, Johann Nikolaus, 1749-1818, former owner.
Griepenkerl, Friedrich Conrad, 1782-1849, former owner.
Dehn, S. W. (Siegfried Wilhelm), 1799-1858, former owner.
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- No place, unknown, or undetermined
- 4 items (10, , 9,  p.) of ms. music, bound ; 30 cm.
- No linguistic content; Not applicable
- notated music
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- 1. Duet for harpsichords, F. 57b (arr. of his duet for flutes, written on three staves with the third stave blank) -- 2. Sonata in F major, F. 6b -- 3. Sonata in G major, H. 23 -- 4. Sonata in C major, F. 1b.
- Harpsichord music (Harpsichords (2)), Arranged
Sonatas (Keyboard instrument)
- Three pieces for solo harpsichord and 1 for harpsichord duet.
Title derived from ms. label on front cover, written by F.C. Griepenkerl.
Written in 3 unidentified hands (fascicles 2 and 4 are in the same hand); title page of first fascicle written by J.N. Forkel.
No. 3 was misattributed to W.F. Bach in the caption; it was actually composed by his brother, C.P.E. Bach.
Fascicles numbered "244," "242," "245," and "241."
Bound in one volume in early 19th-century brown marbled boards; in gray cloth case, 33 cm.
MS Mus 62.6. Houghton Library, Harvard University.
- Houghton Library, Harvard University
Eda Kuhn Loeb Music Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: