A psalm of life
- Lindsay, M., Miss, creator, composer.
Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth, 1807-1882, author.
Lindsay, Henry, (Maria Marryat), Mrs, dedicatee.
W. Cornish (Firm), lithographer.
- Place Of Origin:
- Robert Cocks & Co., New Burlington St., publishers to the Queen,
- Creation Date:
- [between 1853 and 1856?]
- 1 score (, 5,  pages) : color illustrations ; 37 cm
- notated music
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- Longfellow, Henry Wadsworth--Psalm of life--Musical settings
Songs (Medium voice) with piano
- For solo voice and piano.
Early issue: later editions after 1958 use Miss Lindsay's married name, Mrs. J. Worthington Bliss).
From poem: Voices of the night. Psalm of life / Henry Wadsworth Longfellow. See Poetical works of Longfellow, Cambridge edition, 1975, page 2.
"Dedicated to Mrs. Henry Lindsay".
Publication date inferred from advertisements from reviews and advertisements from 1953-1956, see Lancet, Musical times, Church and state gazette.
Advertisement: Robert Cocks & Co.'s musical publications, page  of cover.
Also published as a vocal duet with piano.
First line of text: Tell me not, in mournful numbers.
"Ent. Sta. Hall"
Cover illustration: decorative border design with vignettes, one of which includes the text to the King James version of St. Matthew XXV, verses 34-36.
Cover illustration signed: W. Cornish Litho, 63 Bartholomew Close.
Electronic reproduction. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard College Library Digital Imaging Group, 2017.
- words by H.W. Longfellow ; music by Miss M. Lindsay.
- Eda Kuhn Loeb Music Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: