Che bel paese amabile: duetto / manuscript, [1801?]: Spose disperate
- Caruso, Luigi, 1754-1823, creator, composer.
Bartolomeo, sigr, former owner.
- Luigi Caruso's opera Le spose disperate was premiered in 1801 during Carneval in Rome at the Teatro Valle; the librettist is unkown. Che bel paese amabile is a duet between Giulietta (soprano) and the Conte (bass). Copied by an unknown, likely Italian, hand (for a sigr. Bartolomeo) on a 10-stave system with hand drawn barlines (free hand); barlines and staves in brown ink.
- Place Of Origin:
- Creation Date:
- 1 score (68 unnumbered pages) ; 23 x 29 cm
- notated music
Vocal duets with orchestra--Scores
- For soprano, bass, and orchestra.
Continuo part unfigured.
At head of title: "Nell Carnevale 1801 Teatro Valle" and "No 6".
At foot of title page: "Per uso del sigr. Bartolomeo".
Caruso, Luigi. Che bel paese amabile (Mus 635.758.606) Merritt Room, Eda Kuhn Loeb Music Library, Harvard University.
- del sigr. Luigi Caruso :
- Eda Kuhn Loeb Music Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: