Le sacrifice d'Abraham: Chi per pietà mi dice: scène / manuscript, [approximately 1800]: Sacrificio d'Abramo: Sacrificio d'Abramo. Vocal score
- Cimarosa, Domenico, 1749-1801, creator, composer.
Pushman, Armand, 1900-1999, former owner.
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- The oratorio Il sacrificio d'Abramo was first performed in Naples at the Teatro del Fondo in 1786. It "was Cimarosa's most widely performed sacred work during the late eighteenth and early nineteenth centures...Since eighteenth-century manuscript copies of a number of separate, single items from this oratorio appear throughout various libraries (Naples, Venice, and the British Library in particular), and printed excerpts from it by Cimarosa have been publishyed... it is possible that Cimarosa collaborated with others for l sacrificio d'Abramo and equally possible that he alone composed more than one version of it. It seems highly likely, however, that the oratorio is the work of more than one composer. There is no question but that at least four, possible five versions of it, all puported to be by Cimarosa, are in existence."--see Rossi, Nick. Domenico Cimarosa: his life and his operas, pages 105-106.
- Partition.À defaut d'orchestre on y à joint un accompagnement de piano
- 1 score (62 pages, 2 unnumbered pages) ; 24 x 30 cm (oblong folio)
- notated music
Untrimmed edges (Paper)
Vocal scores with piano
Oratorios--Excerpts--Vocal scores with piano
Sacred songs (High voice) with orchestra--Scores
Sacred songs (High voice) with orchestra--Vocal scores with piano
- Scene from an oratorio for soprano and orchestra; accompaniment arranged for piano at bottom of score.
French copyist's manuscript, most likely intended for use as a stand alone or insertion aria.
Notated in black ink on 10-stave paper (staves in brown ink); on paper with deckel edges.
Watermark: ARDON, with grapes.
Copy date from vendor.
In modern wrappers with manuscript titling; includes occasional corrections, and one overpaste revision on page 25.
Cimarosa, Domenico. Le sacrifice d'Abraham. (Mus 638.1.503) Merritt Room, Eda Kuhn Loeb Music Library, Harvard University.
- del Sigr. Cimarosa :
- Eda Kuhn Loeb Music Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: