Records of Semitic Museum, 1891-1935 (inclusive), Letters from G. A. Reisner, 1908-1910. Box 2, Folder 5.
- Harvard Semitic Museum, creator
- Includes correspondence and financial statements; account book; and library book catalogs.
- Place Of Origin:
- 6 containers
- Account books.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- Lyon, David Gordon
Pfeiffer, Robert H. (Robert Henry)
Harvard Semitic Museum.
- Access may be restricted. Details available at repository.
Records of Semitic Museum, 1891-1935. UAV 780.10. Harvard University Archives, Cambridge, Mass.
The Semitic Museum was founded by Jacob H. Schiff in 1889. It is no longer a public museum but a research and teaching collection used in connection with the academic work of the Department of Near Eastern Languages and Civilization. Curators include David Gordon Lyon (1891-1922) who was also Honorary Curator (1922-1935) and Robert Henry Pfeiffer (1931- ). John Orne served as Curator of Arabic Manuscripts (1899-1911).
Finding aid available in repository.
Electronic reproduction. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard College Library Digital Imaging Group, 2009. (Open Collections Program at Harvard University. Expeditions and discoveries).
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- Harvard University Archives
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: