Putnam anniversary volume: Anthropological essays presented to Frederic Ward Putnam in honor of his seventieth birthday, April 16, 1909, by his friends and associates: anthropological essays presented to Frederic Ward Putnam in honor of his seventieth birthday, April 16, 1909, by his friends and associates
- Place Of Origin:
- New York (State)
- G.E. Stechert & Co.
- Creation Date:
- 627 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. (some col.), maps ; 30 cm.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- The archaeology of California / A.L. Kroeber -- Ancient Zuni pottery / J. Walter Fewkes -- Pottery of the New England Indians / Charles C. Willoughby -- The Seip mound / William C. Mills -- The fish in ancient Peruvian art / Charles W. Mead -- A study of primitive culture in Ohio / Warren K. Moorehead -- Cruciform structures of Mitla and vicinity / Marshall H. Saville -- Conventionalism and realism in Maya art at Copan, with special reference to the treatment of the macaw / George Byron Gordon -- The exploration of a burial room in Pueblo Bonito, New Mexico / George H. Pepper -- Tribal structure : a study of the Omaha and cognate tribes / Alice C. Fletcher -- The dates and numbers of pages 24 and 46 to 50 of the Dresden codex / Charles P. Bowditch -- Notes on religious ceremonials of the Navaho / Alfred Marston Tozzer -- Certain quests and doles / Charles Peabody -- A curious survival in Mexico of the use of the purpura shell-fish for dyeing / Zelia Nuttall -- Gotal : a mescalero Apache ceremony / Pliny Earle Goddard -- The Cayapa numeral system / S.A. Barrett -- Stature of Indians of the Southwest and of northern Mexico / Aleš Hrdlička -- Notes on the Iroquois language / Franz Boas -- Outlines of Wintun grammar / Roland B. Dixon -- A new Siouan dialect / John R. Swanton -- Primitive industries as a normal college course / Harlan I. Smith -- A visit to the German Solomon Islands / George A. Dorsey -- The pillars of Hercules and Chaucer's "Trophe" / G.L. Kittredge -- Notes on the Irish practice of fasting as a means of distraint / F.N. Robinson -- Dusares / C.H. Toy -- Bibliography of Frederic Ward Putnam / Frances H. Mead.
- Putnam, F. W. (Frederic Ward)
Putnam, F. W. (Frederic Ward)--Bibliography
Indians of North America
Indians of Mexico
- Contains mounted sample of cloth dyed with purpura.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- GN4 .P8
- Widener Library, Harvard University
Dumbarton Oaks Research Library and Collection, Harvard University
Tozzer Library, Harvard University
Harvard University Archives
Ernst Mayr Library of the Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University
Fred Norris Robinson Celtic Seminar Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: