Exploration of the valley of the Amazon, Vol. 1 ; Valley of the Amazon, Vol. 1 ; made under the direction of the Navy Department
- Herndon, William Lewis, 1813-1857, creator
Dickinson, Emily, 1830-1886, former owner.
Dickinson, Austin, 1829-1895, former owner.
Armstrong, Robert, 1792-1854, printer.
Nicholson, A. O. P. (Alfred Osborn Pope), 1808-1876, printer.
Julio Mario Santo Domingo Collection
United States, Navy Department.
United States, Navy Department,, sponsoring body.
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- District of Columbia
- R. Armstrong, public printer
- 2 v. : ill. ; 23 cm. + 2 atlases ( folded leaves of plates : 5 maps ; 22 cm.)
- Exploration literature.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- [V. 1, pt. 1, Text by W. L. Herndon] -- [v. 1, pt. 2. Atlas]
- Amazon River Valley--Discovery and exploration--American
South America--Discovery and exploration
Amazon River Valley--Description and travel
Brazil--Description and travel
Peru--Description and travel
Bolivia--Description and travel
- United States--District of Columbia--Washington
- A duplicate copy of this title was part of the Julio Mario Santo Domingo Collection, but was not retained.
Part 2 has imprint: Washington : A.O.P. Nicholson, Public Printer.
Also issued (Washington, 1853-54) as Senate executive, no. 36, 32d Cong., 2nd sess.)
Appendix. meteorologic observations, v. 2, p. 318-339.
- by Wm. Lewis Herndon and Lardner Gibbon.
- House document (United States. Congress. House) ; 33rd Congress, 1st session, no. 53
Harvard Botany Libraries preservation microfilm project ; 00136
Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- F2546 .H56 1854
- Houghton Library, Harvard University
Widener Library, Harvard University
Ernst Mayr Library of the Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University
Gray Herbarium Library, Botany Libraries, Harvard University
Arnold Arboretum Library (Cambridge), Botany Libraries, Harvard University
Master Microforms, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: