Records of Director Edward C. Pickering, 1864-1926 (inclusive), series E, E3. UAV 630.14.5.
- Harvard College Observatory, creator
- Materials include letterbooks, and incoming correspondence with eminent astronomers and Harvard officials, and financial records. Pickering was Director from 1876-1919. For more information about records, see Harvard Archives LOCATION below.
- Place Of Origin:
- 168 containers
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- Holden, Austin
Gilman, D. C
Pickering, Edward C. (Edward Charles)
Douglas, H. E
Bond, George Phillips
Bruce, Catherine W
Bruce, M. W
Harvard College Observatory.
American Astronomical Society.
United States Naval Observatory.
- Access may be restricted. Details available at the repository.
CLOSED THROUGH MARCH 2019 FOR PROCESSING.
The Astronomical Observatory was established in 1839, and is now known as the Harvard College Observatory. The Massachusetts stations are in Cambridge and the George R. Agassiz Station (Oak Ridge) in Harvard, Mass. The Boyden Station of the Observatory was originally located in Arequipa, Peru until 1927 when it was transferred near Bloemfontien in the Orange Free State, South Africa. This station closed about 1966.
Finding aid available in repository.
- Collections of the Harvard University Archives
- Harvard University Archives
- Record ID: