The naturalist on the river Amazons: Bates' River Amazons: a record of adventures, habits of animals, sketches of Brazilian and Indian life, and aspects of nature under the equator, during eleven years of travel
- Additional Digital Items:
- Bates, Henry Walter, 1825-1892, creator
Clodd, Edward, 1840-1930
- Polly, the youngest, finds it difficult to adjust to a sudden change in the family's fortunes until she acquires a special pet pig.
- Place Of Origin:
- J. Murray
- Creation Date:
- lxxxix, 395 p.,  folded leaf,  leaves of plates : ill., map, port. ; 24 cm.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- Bates, Henry Walter
Indians of South America--Brazil
Natural history--Amazon River Valley
Amazon River Valley--Description and travel
Brazil--Description and travel
Indians, South American
Indians, South American--history
- "Reprint of the unabridged edition."
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- by Henry Walter Bates ; with a memoir of the author by Edward Clodd.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- QH111 .B3 1892
QH 111 B329n 1892
- Widener Library, Harvard University
Ernst Mayr Library of the Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University
Biblioteca Berenson, Villa I Tatti - The Harvard University Center for Italian Renaissance Studies
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: