Explorations in Turkestan: expedition of 1904 : prehistoric civilizations of Anau : origins, growth, and influence of environment
- Pumpelly, Raphael, 1837-1923
- Place Of Origin:
- District of Columbia
Washington, D. C
- Carnegie institution of Washington
- Creation Date:
- 2 v. : ill., maps ; 30 cm.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- v. 1. Ancient Anau and the oasis-world, by Raphael Pumpelly. Archaeological excavations in Anau and old Merv, by Hubert Schmidt. Note on the occurrence of glazed ware at Afrosiab, and of large jars at Ghiaur Kala, by H. H. Kidder. Description of the Kurgans of the Merv Oasis, by Ellsworth Huntington. Chemical analyses of metallic implements, by F. A. Gooch.
--v.2. Physiography of Central-Asian deserts and oases, by R. W. Pumpelly. Animal remains from the excavations at Anau, by J. U. Duerst. Description of some skulls from the North Kurgan, Anau, by G. Sergi. Some human remains found in the North Kurgan, by Th. Mollison. Wheat and barley from the North Kurgan, Anau, by H. C. Schellenberg. Stone implements and skeletons excavated in Anau, by Langdon Warner.
- Geology--Asia, Central
Physical geography--Asia, Central
Prehistoric peoples--Asia, Central
Anau Site (Turkmenistan)
Merv (Extinct city)
- "List of works consulted in preparing pt. 1": v. 1, p. 76-80.
Human remains from North Kurgan. Bibliography: v. 2, p. 468.
- edited by Raphael Pumpelly.
- Carnegie Institution of Washington publication ; 73
Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- DK854 .P95 1904
DK854 .P95 1908
- Ernst Mayr Library of the Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard
Biblioteca Berenson, Villa I Tatti - The Harvard University Center for Italian Renaissance Studies
Fine Arts Library, Harvard University
Tozzer Library, Harvard University
Dumbarton Oaks Research Library and Collection, Harvard University
Widener Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: