Biologia Centrali-Americana, or, Contributions to the knowledge of the fauna and flora of Mexico and Central America Archaeology ; Biologia Centrali-Americana ; Contributions to the knowledge of the fauna and flora of Mexico and Central America ; Archaeology
- Maudslay, Alfred Percival, 1850-1931, creator
Goodman, J. T.
Godman, Frederick Du Cane, 1834-1919
Salvin, Osbert, 1835-1898
Griggs, William, 1835-1911
Greve, W., lithographer.
Purkiss, W., lithographer.
Richardson, Francis B., former owner.
Boussod, Valadon & Cie
Goupil & Cie
M. & N. Hanhart (Printers)
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- R. H. Porter and Dulau & Co.
- 5 v. : ill. (some col.), maps ; 37 x 27 cm. + plates (4 volumes : all ill. (some col.) ; 34 x 52 cm)
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- v. 1 (Plates). Copan. -- v. 2 (Plates). Map of Guatemala and adjoining countries, Quirigua, Ixkun, Rabinal, Utatlan and Iximché, Guatemala-Mixco, Menché -- v. 3 (Plates). Map of Yucatan and the country to the south of it, Chichén Itzá, Tikál -- v. 4 (Plates). Palenque -- [v. 5]. Vols. 1-4 (Text), Appendix / by J.T. Goodman.
Indians, North American
- At head of title: "Biologia Centrali-Americana; or, Contributions to the knowledge of the fauna and flora of Mexico and Central America. Edited by F. Ducane Godman and Osbert Salvin."
Each vol. of text has corresponding vol. of plates.
Plates include drawings by Ada Hunter and E. Lambert, lithographed by W. Greve, W. Griggs, Hanhart, and W. Purkiss. Maps by A.P.M. Sur[veyors], W. Shawe, F.R.G.S., and Turner & Shawe, London. Photographs by A.P.M. photo[graphers] and H.N. Sweet, printed by the Autotype Co.
Text printed on heavy laid paper. Some illustrations in text signed: Photogravure Goupil & Imp. Boussod-Valadon & Cie. [or] Goupilgravure, printed in Paris.
Includes bibliographical references.
Electronic reproduction. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard College Library Digital Imaging Group, 2010. (Open Collections Program at Harvard University. Expeditions and discoveries). Copy digitized: Tozzer Library: C.A.3 M 442 a Portfolio.
- by A.P. Maudslay.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- F1435 .M44
- Dumbarton Oaks Research Library and Collection, Harvard
Biblioteca Berenson, I Tatti - The Harvard University Center for Italian Renaissance Studies
Tozzer Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: