A voyage of discovery to the North Pacific Ocean: in which the coast of Asia, from the lat. of 35⁰ north to the lat. of 52⁰ north, the island of the Insu (commonly known under the name of the land of Jesso,) the north, south, and east coasts of Japan, the Lieuchieux and the adjacent isles, as well as the coast of Corea, have been examined and surveyed : performed in His Majesty's sloop Providence and her tender, in the years 1795, 1796, 1797, 1798
- Broughton, William Robert, 1762-1821, creator
Neele, Samuel John, 1758-1824, engraver.
- Place Of Origin:
- Printed for T. Cadell and W. Davies in the Strand
- Creation Date:
- xx, 393,  p. : 6 plates (4 fold.) 3 fold. maps (incl. front.) ; 28 cm.
- Early works.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- Providence (Sloop : Great Britain)
Japan--Description and travel
Ryukyu Islands--Description and travel
Korea--Description and travel
- Ch. 3 describes the portion of the voyage extending from Nootka Sound to Monterey.
"Some vegetable productions of Insu" ... "of the Lieuchieux Islands" ... "of Corea": p. 392-393.
Microfilm. New Haven, Conn., Research Publications, 1975. 1 reel. 35 mm. (Western Americana, Reel 72, no. 725)
- by William Robert Broughton.
- Western Americana, frontier history of the trans-Mississippi West, 1550-1900 reel 72, no. 725
Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- DS506 .B87
- Houghton Library, Harvard University
Arnold Arboretum Library (Cambridge), Botany Libraries, Harvard University
Microforms, Lamont Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: