The zoology of Captain Beechey's voyage
- Beechey, Frederick William, 1796-1856, creator
Richardson, John, Sir, 1787-1865
Sowerby, George Brettingham, 1788-1854
Vigors, N. A. (Nicholas Aylward), 1785-1840
Lay, G. Tradescant (George Tradescant)
Bennett, Edward Turner, 1797-1836
Owen, Richard, 1804-1892
Gray, John Edward, 1800-1875
Buckland, William, 1784-1856
Belcher, Edward, Sir, 1799-1877
Collie, Alexander, -1835
Great Britain, Admiralty.
- Place Of Origin:
- H.G. Bohn
- Creation Date:
- xii, 180 (i.e. 186) p., xliv leafs of plates (some folded) : ill. (some col.), 3 maps ; 28 x 22 cm.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- Introduction [by F. W. Beechey] -- Mammalia / by J. Richardson -- Ornithology / by N. A. Vigors -- Fishes / by G. T. Lay and E. T. Bennett -- Crustacea / by R. Owen -- Reptiles / by J. E. Gray -- Batrachians / by J.E. Gray -- Molluscous animals and their shells / by J.E. Gray [and G. B. Sowerby] -- Geology / [ed. by W. Buckland, from the notes of Lieut. Belcher and of Mr. A. Collie].
- Blossom (Ship)
- "Published under the authority of the Lords Commissioners of the Admiralty."
- compiled from the collections and notes made by Captain Beechey, the officers and naturalist of the expedition, during a voyage to the Pacific and Behring's Straits performed in His Majesty's ship Blossom, under the command of Captain F. W. Beechey ... in the years 1825, 26, 27 and 28, by J. Richardson ... [et al.] ; illustrated with upwards of fifty finely coloured plates by Sowerby.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- QL5 .B4
- Center for the History of Medicine (Francis A. Countway Library of Medicine)
Ernst Mayr Library of the Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University
Houghton Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: