Sikhim & Bhutan: Sikhim and Bhutan: twenty-one years on the north-east frontier, 1887-1908
- White, J. Claude (John Claude), 1853-1918, creator
- Place Of Origin:
- E. Arnold
- Creation Date:
- xix, 331,  p.,  leaves of plates (2 folded) : ill., facsim., map, ports. ; 27 cm.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- The geographical position and general features of the states of Sikhim and Bhutan -- The people : their morals, religion, and language -- A short history of Sikhim -- Early reminisces -- More early reminisces -- The Delhi Durbar and visit of the Chiefs to Calcutta to meet Their Royal Highnesses the Prince and Princess of Wales -- Expeditions and Explorations in Sikhim -- Departure from Sikhim -- History of founding Bhutan -- My first mission to Bhutan -- An exploration of eastern Bhutan and a portion of Tibet in 1906 -- My second mission to Bhutan -- British missions to Bhutan -- British relations with Bhutan from 1772 -- Foreign relations with Bhutan -- Arts and industries of Sikhim and Bhutan.
- White, J. Claude (John Claude)
Sikkim (India)--Discovery and exploration--British
Bhutan--Discovery and exploration--British
Sikkim (India)--Description and travel
Bhutan--Description and travel
- "Authorities consulted": p. xix.
- by J. Claude White.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- DS485.S5 W5
- Widener Library, Harvard University
Tozzer Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: