A voyage towards the South Pole, and round the world: performed in His Majesty's ships the Resolution and Adventure, in the years 1772, 1773, 1774, and 1775
- Cook, James, 1728-1779, creator
Furneaux, Tobias, 1735-1781
Hodges, William, 1744-1797
- Place Of Origin:
- Printed for W. Strahan and T. Cadell
- Creation Date:
- 3rd ed.
- 2 v. : ill., maps (some fold.), plans, ports. ; 30 cm.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- A vocabulary of the language of the Society Isles -- A discourse upon some late improvements of the means for preserving the health of mariners / by Sir John Pringle, Baronet.
- Voyages around the world
Oceania--Discovery and exploration
Antarctica--Discovery and exploration
- written by James Cook, Commander of the Resolution ; in which is included, Captain Furneaux's narrative of his proceedings in the Adventure during separation of the ships ; illustrated with maps and charts, and a variety of portraits of persons and views of places, drawn during the voyage by Mr. Hodges, and engraved by the most eminent masters.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- G420 .C66 1779
- Ernst Mayr Library of the Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard
Houghton Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: