Geological observations on coral reefs, volcanic islands, and on South America: being the geology of the voyage of the Beagle, under the command of Captain Fitzroy, R.N., during the years 1832 to 1836
- Darwin, Charles, 1809-1882, creator
- Place Of Origin:
- Smith, Elder & Co.
- Creation Date:
- 1 v. (various pagings),  folded leaves of plates : ill., maps (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- pt. 1. The structure and distribution of coral reefs -- pt. 2. Geological observations on volcanic islands -- pt. 3. Geological observations on South America.
- Beagle Expedition (1831-1836)
Coral reefs and islands
- Originally issued in three separate parts, published in 1842, 1844, and 1846.
"Description of fossil shells / by G.B. Sowerby": pt. 2, p. -160.
"Description of six species of corals, from the Palæozoic formation of Van Diemen's Land / by W. Lonsdale": pt. 2, p. 161-169.
"Description of tertiary fossil shells from South America / by G.B. Sowerby": pt. 3, p. -264.
"Description of secondary fossil shells from South America / by Professor E. Forbes": pt. 3, p. -268.
- by Charles Darwin.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- Ernst Mayr Library of the Museum of Comparative Zoology, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: