Narrative of the second Arctic expedition made by Charles F. Hall: his voyage to Repulse Bay, sledge journeys to the straits of Fury and Hecla and to King William's Land, and residence among the Eskimos, during the years 1864-'69
- Hall, Charles Francis, 1821-1871, creator
Nourse, J. E. (Joseph Everett), 1819-1889
United States Naval Observatory
United States, Navy Department.
- Place Of Origin:
- District of Columbia
- Creation Date:
- xlix, 1, 644 p., 23 leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., ports., maps ; 27 cm.
- Digital Format:
- Books and documents
- Franklin, John
- "U.S. Naval Observatory, 1879."
Edited from Hall's manuscripts, which were purchased by the government.
This expedition, like his expedition of 1860-1862 was supported by private subscriptions, and both were undertaken to search for the records of the Franklin expedition and "to promote and benefit the cause of geography, navigation, natural history and science."
Map on folded leaves laid inside back cover.
"Principal English Arctic publications between the years 1818 and 1860": p. xlv-l.
- edited under the orders of the Hon. Secretary of the Navy, by J.E. Nourse.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- G665 1862 .H2
- Widener Library, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: