- United States, Hydrographic Office., creator
Wyman, R. H. (Robert Harris), 1822-1882
Sherman & Smith
United States Exploring Expedition (1838-1842)
- Creation Date:
- Place Of Origin:
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Hydrographic Office
- Extensive corr. June, 1891.
- 3 maps on 1 sheet: 60 x 40 cm., each map 30 x 40 cm. or smaller.
- Digital Format:
- Fakaofu or Bowditch Island / by the officers of the H.M.S Egeria, 1889 -- Nuku-Nono or Duke of Clarence Island / by the U.S. Ex. Ex., 1841 -- Oatáfu or Duke of York Island [with profile] / by the U.S. Ex. Ex., 1841.
- Nautical charts--Tokelau
Tokelau--Discovery and exploration--Maps
Atafu Atoll (Tokelau)--Discovery and exploration--Maps
Fakaofu Atoll (Tokelau)--Discovery and exploration--Maps
Nukunono Atoll (Tokelau)--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Relief shown by spot heights. Depths show by soundings.
Inset shows all three islands.
"Small corrections which can be entered on previous editions by hand from Notices to Mariners, ['79-5 from other sources".
"Corrected July 1872 at the Hydrographic Office, Washingto, D.C.".
Includes notes on voyages.
In English and Tokelau.
Electronic reproduction. Cambridge, Mass. : Harvard College Library Digital Imaging Group, 2008. (Open Collections Program at Harvard University. Expeditions and discoveries). Copy digitized: Harvard Map Collection: G9551.S12 1891.U5.
- R.H. Wyman, Commo. U.S.N. Hydrographer to the Bureau of Navigation; eng. by Sherman & Smith N.Y.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
Harvard Map Collection digital maps
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: