- United States, Hydrographic Office., creator
Wyman, R. H. (Robert Harris), 1822-1882
Sherman & Smith
United States Exploring Expedition (1838-1842)
- Place Of Origin:
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Hydrographic Office
- Creation Date:
- Extensive corr. June, 1891.
- 3 maps on 1 sheet: 60 x 40 cm., each map 30 x 40 cm. or smaller.
- Digital Format:
- Fakaofu or Bowditch Island / by the officers of the H.M.S Egeria, 1889 -- Nuku-Nono or Duke of Clarence Island / by the U.S. Ex. Ex., 1841 -- Oatáfu or Duke of York Island [with profile] / by the U.S. Ex. Ex., 1841.
- Nautical charts--Tokelau
Tokelau--Discovery and exploration--Maps
Atafu Atoll (Tokelau)--Discovery and exploration--Maps
Fakaofu Atoll (Tokelau)--Discovery and exploration--Maps
Nukunono Atoll (Tokelau)--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Relief shown by spot heights. Depths show by soundings.
Inset shows all three islands.
"Small corrections which can be entered on previous editions by hand from Notices to Mariners, ['79-5 from other sources".
"Corrected July 1872 at the Hydrographic Office, Washingto, D.C.".
Includes notes on voyages.
In English and Tokelau.
- R.H. Wyman, Commo. U.S.N. Hydrographer to the Bureau of Navigation; eng. by Sherman & Smith N.Y.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
Harvard Map Collection digital maps
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: