[Tuamotu Group, French Polynesia]
- United States, Hydrographic Office., creator
Wyman, R. H. (Robert Harris), 1822-1882
Sherman & Smith
United States Exploring Expedition (1838-1842)
- Place Of Origin:
- District of Columbia
- Hydrographic Office
- Creation Date:
- Ed. of May 1887.
- 3 maps on 1 sheet ; 71 x 51 cm., each map 27 x 39 cm. or smaller.
- Digital Format:
- Disappointment group includes 3 profiles of Otooho and Wytoohee Islands (Scale not given)-- Reao or Serle Island includes 2 profiles (Scale [ca.1:9,000,000]) -- Pukaruha or Clermont -Tonnere includes 1 profile (Scale [ca.1:9,000,000]).
- Discoveries in geography--19th century
Iles Tuamotu et Gambier (French Polynesia)--Discovery and exploration--Maps
French Polynesia--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- Title supplied by cataloguer.
- by the U.S. Ex. Ex. 1839; corrected July 1872 at the Hydrographic Office, Washington D.C.; R.H. Wyman, Commo. U.S.N. Hydrographer to the Bureau of Navigation; eng. by Sherman & Smith.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
Harvard Map Collection digital maps
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID:
- HOLLIS Record: