Chart of the Arctic Ocean: Peary's north Greenland expedition of 1891-92: illustrating the route of Peary's North Greenland expedition of 1891-'92 and other arctic expeditions
- National Geographic Society (U.S.), creator
Melville, George W. (George Wallace), 1841-1912
United States, Hydrographic Office.
Norris Peters Co
- Place Of Origin:
- District of Columbia
- National Geographic Society
- Creation Date:
- 1 map : front & back, ill. ; 39 x 44 cm., on sheet 62 x 49 cm.
- Digital Format:
- Peary, Robert E. (Robert Edwin)
Nautical charts--Arctic Ocean
Arctic Ocean--Discovery and exploration--Maps
- Depths shown by soundings.
"Reduced copy, with additions, of a chart published by the United States Hydrographic Office."
On verso: "Peary's north Greenland expedition of 1891-92 : illustrated lecture by civil engineer R.E. Peary, U.S. Navy. Introduction by engineer-in-chief Geo. W. Melville, U.S. Navy. under the auspices of the National Geographic Society, Academy of Music, Washington, D.C., Friday April 17, at 8 p.m." Includes text with ills. of Peary in excavation garb and of his sailing vessel.
- Open Collections Program at Harvard University
- Harvard Map Collection, Harvard University
- Record ID: